Spring is here… well almost. But we know that many of you may be getting ready to fire up your grill. Fire up the grill, bring on the steak, it is time to barbecue. But be safe. Did you know that there were over 8,000 home fires that started form gills? 27% of these were stated on a balcony or porch. Every year over 7,000 people are injured while grilling.
Spring is a good time to review your personal insurance needs. As an independent insurance agency our goal is to shop the markets for you and find you the value for your needs that doesn’t shortchange you on coverage but also fits your budget. Like a mighty oak you should know that your insurance is going to hold up when calamity hits. Let Cliff Heath Insurance be the roots of your tree of coverage.
Grilling safety tips
- Clean your gill before you start the new season.
- Always check for leaks on gas grills.
- Keep paper and other flammables away from the grill.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire.
- Never BBQ inside, in a garage, on the roof or on a second story deck
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Never store or use flammable liquids, like gasoline, near the grill.
- Open the grill lid before you light it.
- Don’t wear loose fitting clothing.
- Keep a fire extinguisher outside or close by.
- Never bring the propane tank into the house.
- Make sure you use the grill 10 feet away from your house.
- Don’t over indulge in alcohol while barbecuing.
- Always clean your grill after every use. Don’t allow grease to build up.
At Cliff Heath Insurance, we aren’t trying to make you laugh with a Lizard or a snappy commercial but to inspire confidence and trust in the coverage we secure. Our desire is to build relationships with our clients that inspire the right conversations about risk and give you understanding and wise counsel in regards to your personal or business risk management.